Over 600 professionals from the live and outdoor events industry celebrated at the Event Production Awards in March. A panel of 15 judges assessed entries and Arena Group ended up as the biggest winners at the ceremony, with its company Arena Structures collecting the Access All Areas Editor’s Award. Dave Withey, Arena UK & Europe sales and marketing director, also took home the inaugural Industry Legend Award, recognising his 40 years working in the events industry.
“It was such a surprise to be honoured with this award,” Withey said. “My thanks have to go out to my wonderful colleagues at Arena that I’ve worked with over the years, in particular Jill Mowat who has put up with me for over half of that time, as well as the many peers and friends that I have had the pleasure of collaborating with across the events industry.”
A Special Recognition Award was also created for 2017, to bring attention to the organisers behind charity event The Flying Seagull Project – a troupe of clowns, magicians, circus performers and musicians taking smiles to those in need. Ash Perrin, Ed Harcourt, Melody Kennett, Neil Kennett, Faye Toner, Paul Luxford, Iain Rayner, Jim Carey Connell and Steve Wynne collected the award.
Duncan Siegle, the Event Production Awards’ event director, commented: “Everyone had a fantastic evening at this year’s Event Production Awards. We couldn’t have asked for more deserving winners, picked by our esteemed and diverse panel of judges.
“The addition of the Industry Legend Award given to Dave Withey, coupled with our Special Recognition Award to The Flying Seagull Project, made for an incredible night of celebrations. Congratulations to all the winners, and roll on 2018!”
EPA 2017 winners included:
- Best Fencing/Crowd Barrier Company – Entertee Hire Services Ltd
- Best Staging Supplier – Acorn Event Structures
- Best Temporary Power Supplier – Pearce Hire
- Best Ticketing Company – The Ticket Factory
- Best Toilets – A1 Loo Hire
- Best Trackway Supplier – Eco Track & Access
- Best Structure Supplier – Ascot Structures
- Green Supplier of the Year – Power Logistics
- Special Recognition Award – The Flying Seagull Project
- Access All Areas Editor’s Award – Arena Structures